Thursday, February 18, 2010

Nine Years and Just Getting Started

I remember the first time I noticed Cheryl. It was at a Youth Convention and she had a bunch of little white flowers in her hair. I thought it was pretty awesome and that she was pretty cute. Fast forward a few years and I'm looking down a long aisle at Morris Chapel at that same beautiful girl only this time she had a veil in her hair.
We were both 20 and did not know much, but we knew we were in love. We didn't have much, but we had love. I can truly say that my Cheryl has become my best friend. Jesus has truly been a Rock and an Anchor to our marriage. The future looks bright. As long as we have love, we have everything.

This past summer we took a trip to New York and had a chance to tour the city a bit. I've been to Manhattan before, but it was Cheryl's first time so that made it extra special. We stayed at the Park Central Hotel in the heart of the city and literally walked our feet off. We would ride the metro to a certain part of town and then just walk and walk and walk. We were able to see so much by doing this and it was fun to feel like a New Yorker for a few days. I'm going back to photograph Tracy and Matt's (the couple who I photographed engagement photos for while in NY) wedding in July and hopefully Cheryl can come along so we can do it all over again. Here are some of the photographs we made while in the city. (on a side note, as a professional photographer, I don't like to carry my big camera around everywhere so we have a great point and shoot camera too. It is a Panasonic Lumix LX-3, highly recommended. Most of the photos you see below were made with this camera).

Across from the Guggenheim Museum.



A dog on Madison Avenue









The rebuilding at Ground Zero. Definitely a touching place to visit.



The Reservoir at Central Park.



Andy Warhol exhibit at NYMoMA.





Dinner at the Red Cat with Tracy and Matt. Tracy's purse was stolen while we were waiting to be seated and it put a bit of a damper on our dinner (which was excellent by the way). To make a long story short, I prayed that night that her purse would be found. The next morning, she called and told us that the sanitation company found it and everything was returned except the cash. So awesome! Photo credit: Tracy Taylor Ward.



The Manhattan financial district coming back from Staten Island.



A photo while waiting at the Staten Island Ferry. This is a "must do" at night time and free. It was our last night and those feet were tired!

2 comments:

  1. ok first of all, how in the world do you make such great pictures? Seriously, that point and shoot did all of that? maybe I should rethink getting that big rebel. Hmmm...advice please, before I spend all our hard earned $$

    ANYWAY...you guys are beautiful. What an incredible couple. love you. You make me smile. Happy Anniversary!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah this is definitely a great camera. The optics are awesome and it makes great images. It does help, even with a point and shoot, to know some photography basics.
    -Scott

    ReplyDelete